The following article is a brief guide on how to install the software 'WordPress'. WordPress is an often used content management system in the world of website building and website hosting. As it is an easy to use piece of software it is a great place to start either if you are an absolute beginner or have some experience in the world of websites!
- Login to cPanel then enter 'Softaculous Software Installer' you will find this about halfway down the page.
- Select 'WordPress' from the main screen, hover over the Wordpress icon and select install from the pop-up screen.
- On the install screen start by selecting 'https' from the drop down menu at the beginning of the page. You will see an 'In Directory' field a little further down the install page - leaving this field blank will install WordPress at 'yourdomain.com'. However, you can install the software into another folder should you wish but the software will be installed to 'yourdomain.com/folder'.
- Enter your site name and description as desired - do this under 'site settings'. This is what will show up on Google.
- At the 'Admin Account' field change both 'Username' and 'Password'. This is an essential step as these fields are currently not secure. If you find it difficult to generate a password select the key icon to generate a new password on your behalf.
- Select your desired language.
- Activate 'Loginizer' plugin (strongly recommended for security reasons).
- Leave 'Advanced Options' as default.
- Select your desired theme from available menu.
- Finally click 'Install' button at the bottom of the page...........and you're done
If you should have any issues or have any questions regarding this topic please contact us via a support ticket (open a ticket) with our hosting department and we will get back to you as soon as possible