When it comes to managing your website there are a host (!) of programs out there to aid you at every step of the development process. It's important to note the features and strengths of each program that you use along the way as doing so will make sure that you use the tools available to you in the right way (best not to run a marathon in high heels.....??).
In this article I will present the merits of 2 programs in particular - WHM and Cpanel. These programs are extremely popular and are 'go to' pieces of software for web developers across all different abilities. I have made points on each piece of software below to show the strengths of each and how they differentiate from each other in what they do.......
- Create a range of hosting packages
- Allows you to add domains to the server
- Allows you to create individual accounts
- Access to your resell accounts with out needing to know the username and password.
- Designed for managing seperate hosting accounts on the server
- You can install software via Softaculous
- You can check website statistics
- Create email accounts and manage email settings and spam protection
I tend to find both of these to be user friendly and they seem to be the best tools for their particular jobs.
Here at Peters Web we provide Cpanel software with our shared hosting packages giving you, our client, the chance to develop your website your way using the best piece of software for the job. We also provide WHM software with all of our reseller hosting packages.
If you should have any issues or have any questions regarding this topic please contact us via a support ticket (open a ticket) with our hosting department and we will get back to you as soon as possible