In the last 15 years the number of websites has grown exponentially, the internet has become the most popular place to both do business and to socialise! As a result there is a huge market for web hosting and domain services and for any chance of prosperity in today's economy a website or some sort of internet presence is essential. Whilst having a social media presence is a great start, its no match for having your own website.......here are my 5 top reasons for having your own website: -
- It looks more professional - Having your own website shows a commitment and dedication to your interest/business, a well structured and well presented website can really do great things for your cause.
- Attract more customers - Having your own website and updating your content on a regular basis will put your website higher up within a search engine which in turn will attract more visitors to your website.
- Your competitors have one - Ok....... so you don't want to be left behind do you? Chances are your competitors will have a website so if you can't beat them its certainly worth joining them!
- A website can be a vehicle for many actions (sales, blogging) - You can use a website in a multitude of ways, from an online store through to an information resource, there's literally no end to what you can produce through a website! In these times a great looking online store can be just as beneficial as a flashy new store on a high street - and come at a fraction of the price.
- Quick and easy to get started - There's lots of packages out there that really make it easy to startup your own website. Here at Peters Web we do our best to create and foster a welcoming, straight-forward approach to support all levels of client, from beginners to experienced web developers and web host providers.
I often hear people say they don't need a website - they don't see any potential for having one or can see how a website may work for them, but retail orientated websites really come into their own when business dries up amongst an established pool of customers. A website enables you to reach a brand new audience and to continue to grow your business - there's no limit on the amount of clients you can reach with a great website that has great content.........
I have kept this article fairly short, if you would like to get in touch (or just fancy a chat!) please feel free to get in touch by launching a support ticket (open a ticket) with our hosting department - we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.