Most software that your website runs will need to use PHP to interact with databases and create web pages, there are many versions of PHP so its important that you select the right version to use. Its always good practice to implement the latest version of any software that is available (in the case of PHP the latest version that is currently available is PHP 7.3).
If you should find that the version you are using is not the latest version of PHP (or in the case that you need to use an older version of PHP) please follow these steps to adjust the version that is being used by your website: -
- Login to cPanel.
- Scroll down until you come to the 'Software' section
- Select 'MultiPHP manager'
- Once opened your domain(s) will be displayed, select which domain you wish to wish to update by ticking the box to the left of the domain name
- Once you have selected the domain you wish to adjust the version of PHP for select the 'PHP version' drop down menu (top right of the screen)
- This drop down menu will display the versions of PHP that are available, select the latest version from the menu
- Click 'Apply' to use the version of PHP that you have selected from the menu
Changing the version of PHP that you are using is fairly straightforward but if you should have any queries or questions relating to this topic please contact us via a support ticket (open a ticket) to our hosting department. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.