The following article is a brief guide on how to install the software ‘WordPress’. WordPress is an often-used content management system in the world of website building and website hosting. As it is an easy to use a piece of software it is a great place to start either if you are an absolute beginner or have some experience in the world of websites!
- Login to cPanel then enter ‘Softaculous Software Installer’ you will find this about halfway down the page.
- Select ‘WordPress’ from the main screen, hover over the WordPress icon and select install from the pop-up screen.
- On the install, screen start by selecting ‘HTTPS from the drop-down menu at the beginning of the page. You will see an ‘In Directory’ field a little further down the install page – leaving this field blank will install WordPress at ‘yourdomain.com’. However, you can install the software into another folder should you wish but the software will be installed to ‘yourdomain.com/folder’.
- Enter your site name and description as desired – do this under ‘site settings’. This is what will show up on Google.
- At the ‘Admin Account’ field change both ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. This is an essential step as these fields are currently not secure. If you find it difficult to generate a password select the key icon to generate a new password on your behalf.
- Select your desired language.
- Leave ‘Advanced Options’ as default.
- Select your desired theme from the available menu.
- Finally, click the ‘Install’ button at the bottom of the page………..and you’re done