If you have logged onto Google in the past, it is likely that Google (or Google Chrome), has asked you if you would like it to remember your password. If you done so, then attempted to on to log in at a later point and Google hasn’t remembered your password, its very likely that you have chosen the option for it to ‘never remember the password for this site’.
Note – If you are using a public or shared computer, we would actually recommend that you choose this option (‘never remember my password for this site’). This is due to the fact that it prevents any other user of the computer, being able to access any protected pages that you have.
So……if you are reading this, we shall presume that you wish for Google to remember your password, but you have toggled Google to never remember your password?
This can be corrected following the steps below:-
- Head to the right hand side of your browser (3 dots), select the 3 dots
- Select ‘settings’
- Scroll down the settings menu bar and select ‘advanced settings’
- Within the advanced settings menu you will see ‘passwords and forms’ (about halfway down the page) – within this option you will see a second option ‘Offer to save passwords with Google Smart Lock Passwords. Manage Passwords’
- Select ‘manage passwords’
- On the next screen select ‘auto-sign in’
Following these steps should ensure that Google will now remember your password on future visits!
If you should have any issues or have any questions regarding this topic please contact us via a support ticket (open a ticket) with our hosting department and we will get back to you as soon as possible